Saturday, April 11, 2009

anthem

It was because I was tired! My puffed-out lids gave me away to myself in the mirror every morning -- why did I spend endless minutes picking myself into insanity, living in the cushy undergrowth of sweet imagination? I have since fixed my complex of seeing from above the worldmembers and all things. I must see what I am in the cool, sharp, sunny morning. Yes, I am in love with the eight-o'clock, the warmth glows my skin and I feel actual warmth, not some plaything for my mind to warp into dream lifes. I feel a cool wind and do not scorn the changing tides for not being constant, I feel invigorated and new, a baby feeling his way out of the womb and into sun and breeze, crisp air of the true world. Oh, to live! To live high on shaking fingers of sensation and inspiration. Warp into me, world. I have felt you inside me for too long, and you've awaited my long confession. It has come!

No comments:

Post a Comment