Monday, April 27, 2009

space mountain

Being placed in the square little front seat could challenge, frighten, and energize. Well, I was in it. I could feel the lift off into darkness and upper space and there I could truly question my being. "What is it to be alive?" my soul would ask, and my conscious would reply with dropping organs and cries of excitement. To have the path before me disappear was to put my faith in a world with which I needed to connect desperately. The quick twists and changing colors around me gave me all the sensations of life and I wanted it all. That sickening and exhilarating feeling of being on the edge of an experience, of being placed at the tip of the earth and being forced to react, it was a feeling so personal as to one on a roller coaster. I wanted to dive, to stop, to shift, to cry, to reach new heights and new heights and safety. I did all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment