Wednesday, May 26, 2010

exposed.

i'm having trouble focusing in on one image, and everything's coming out in a mess of many images that hopefully go together. at least things are beginning to come together in unity rather than a mess of what sounds good but is too ambiguous. here is a recent amalgamation of thoughts over the past few weeks:


The prospect of that future haunts me
like a cheap hotel -- lonely, begging me to
stay a night, to sleep on it;
A future of black chiffon dresses that fit me
like a distant lover.
But for now I'll linger in an epicurean wasteland,
put things together that will only make sense
in a year or so.
For now,
I will be a universe of silent seas,
deafly still as someone tests the waters,
knowing that love is watching the helicopters
creep down from the sky
over stiff infinities of snowfall;
it is hearing a loved one whisper my name
in the dark.


let's ramble. i don't know how i feel about the line breaks in this. i know, however, that i am seeing my work grow and that i will always be the most critical reader of it and that it's taken a lot of crap just to get here.

2 comments:

  1. Well does the last stanza show the state of being loved by certain someone? Or how someone loves to hear something, rather anything from a person.
    I found it rather beautiful, the last part especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last part is about the peace of heart that comes from certain experiences, and for me it's seeing the silent beauty of nature and hearing someone who loves me say my name because it makes me feel real. thank you!

    ReplyDelete