Thursday, November 25, 2010

last night


The stuffed panda is coming apart.
My internal organs are comping apart.
Walter is indeed coming apart.
You know something about the body.
Speak up, then.
Advise me on the rope dangling from my navel.
Advise me on the bleeding, on the white stuffing.
Last night I applied bleach to my whole body.
The splotches faded while all of me faded.
Everything around me faded.
Some dreamed-up villain held a sword to my throat.
And to think, those things could happen in my own bed.
But I need some patching.
Patching and coping.
Fall asleep to a woman’s voice, oh Focus!
I don’t breathe the way she tells me to;
I breathe my way, my huffy burdened quick way,
The way that comforts me.
Devil-may-care,
But he should, because I’m a-comin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment