Thursday, January 28, 2010

romantic at its best.

I am an island and you are my seas. I am solitary and never alone. I am distant but held together by you. I’ve forgotten time but never faith. I live by the moon for when she shines I know it is to bring you back to me. Back from your days of mingling with the waters of the world. Come to me then and sweep your silent kisses over my lonely shores. Come and go to come again. Pulse your waves though these waiting sands. How I wish I knew how to break the silence of nature, to tell you the secrets at the core of my being. But it lies deeply under you, rooted down into the floors of your seas as in a womb. And I know there will be the day I break that silence, can talk freely to you of these tropical secrets as the birds do when they come and go and leave forever. I can break it the way your waves break over me now. I have faith that they will never fade, never leave me dry and stranded with my own self.

No comments:

Post a Comment